Code of Conduct
Last updated on the 6th June 2018
Escort Forum Rules
Please note that we may need to change these Rules from time to time and reserve the right to do so. The most current version will always be available on this page (escortforum.co.za/code-of-conduct). Failure to adhere to this will result in warnings, silencing, banning and/or blocking.
You must be 18 or older to use this site
Graphic full frontal nudity considered NSFW are not allowed. See our Media Policy for more.
Avatars and header images should not contain nudity.
Banned forms of conduct
The following guidelines are not a legal document, and final interpretation is up to the administration of Escort Forum; they are here to provide you with an insight into our content moderation policies.
The following types of content will be removed, and may result in account suspension and revocation of access to the service:
- Full frontal nudity
- Excessive advertising of products unrelated to sex work
- Uncharted news bots posting from third party news sources
- Untagged gore and extremely graphic violence, including artistic depictions
- Racism or advocation of racism
- Sexism or advocation of sexism
- Affiliate links
- Discrimination against gender and sexual minorities, or advocation thereof
- Xenophobia and/or violent nationalism or advocation thereof;
- Content that is not yours or that you do not have permission to post. This applies to anything that’s trademarked or copyrighted, or that you do not own the rights to. Including but not limited to usernames, display names, logos, avatars, header images, other imagery or content posted by other users on Escort Forum.
- Stalking; harassing; threatening; or advocating any physical, sexual, or emotional harm against individuals or groups
- Unauthorised distribution of any personal information or data
- Registering accounts with inherently malicious intent
The following types of content are explicitly disallowed and will result in revocation of access to the service:
- Sexual depictions of children
- Content illegal in Germany, Switzerland and/or France, such as hate speech, holocaust denial or Nazi symbolism
- Any conduct intended to stalk or harass other users, or to impede other users from utilizing the service, or to degrade the performance of the service, or to harass other users, or to incite other users to perform any of the aforementioned actions, is also disallowed.
The following types of accounts will be removed from Escort Forum, and may result in account suspension and revocation of access to the service:
- Impersonation: You may not impersonate individuals, groups, or organisations in a manner that is intended to or does mislead, confuse, or deceive others. While you may maintain parody, fan, commentary, or newsfeed accounts, you may not do so if the intent of the account is to engage in spamming or abusive behaviour.
You may not use our service for any unlawful purposes or in furtherance of illegal activities. By using Escort Forum, you agree to comply with all applicable laws governing your online conduct and content.
Violence and physical harm
Violence: You may not make specific threats of violence or wish for the serious physical harm, death, or disease of an individual or group of people. This includes, but is not limited to, threatening or promoting terrorism. You also may not affiliate with organizations that — whether by their own statements or activity both on and off the platform — use or promote violence against civilians to further their causes.
Suicide or self-harm: You may not promote or encourage suicide or self-harm. When we receive reports that a person is threatening suicide or self-harm, we may take a number of steps to assist them, such as reaching out to that person and providing resources such as contact information for our mental health partners.
Child sexual exploitation: You may not promote child sexual exploitation.
Abuse and hateful content
Abuse: You may not engage in the targeted harassment of someone, or incite other people to do so. We consider abusive behavior an attempt to harass, intimidate, or silence someone else’s voice.
Unwanted sexual advances: You may not direct abuse at someone by sending unwanted sexual content, objectifying them in a sexually explicit manner, or otherwise engaging in sexual misconduct. Sending unwanted dick pics will get you banned.
Hateful conduct: You may not promote violence against, threaten, or harass other people on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, religious affiliation, political affiliation, age, disability, or serious disease.
Hateful imagery and display names: You may not use hateful images or symbols in your profile image or profile header. You also may not use your username, display name, or profile bio to engage in abusive behavior, such as targeted harassment or expressing hate towards a person, group, or protected category.
Private Information and intimate media
Private information: You may not publish or post other people’s private information without their express authorization and permission. Definitions of private information may vary depending on local laws.
Intimate media: You may not post or share intimate photos or videos of someone that were produced or distributed.
Threats to expose / hack: You may not threaten to expose someone’s private information or intimate media. You also may not threaten to hack or break into someone’s digital information.
Spam and Security
We strive to protect everyone on Escort Forum from technical abuse and spam. To promote a stable and secure environment on Escort Forum, you may not do, or attempt to do, any of the following while accessing or using Escort Forum:
- Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of Escort Forum, Escort Forum’s computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of Escort Forum’s providers
- Probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system or network, or breach or circumvent any security or authentication measures
- Access or search, or attempt to access or search, Escort Forum by any means (automated or otherwise) other than through our currently available, published interfaces that are provided by Escort Forum (and only pursuant to the applicable terms and conditions), unless you have been specifically allowed to do so in a separate agreement with Escort Forum.
- Forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or posting, or in any way use Escort Forum, to send altered, deceptive, or false source-identifying information.
- Interfere with or disrupt the access of any user, host or network, including, without limitation, sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, mail-bombing Escort Forum’s services, or by scripting the creation of content in such a manner as to interfere with or create an undue burden on Escort Forum.
Any accounts engaging in the following activities may be temporarily locked or subject to permanent suspension:
- Malware/Phishing: You may not publish or link to malicious content intended to damage or disrupt another person’s browser or computer or to compromise a person’s privacy.
- Spam: You may not use Escort Forum’s services for the purpose of spamming anyone. Spam is generally defined on Escort Forum as bulk or aggressive activity that attempts to manipulate or disrupt Escort Forum or the experience of users on Escort Forum to drive traffic or attention to unrelated accounts, products, services, or initiatives. Some of the factors that we take into account when determining what conduct is considered to be spamming include:
- if a large number of people have blocked you in response to high volumes of untargeted, unsolicited, or duplicative content or engagements from your account;
- if a large number of spam complaints have been filed against you;
- if you post duplicative or substantially similar content, replies, or mentions over multiple accounts or multiple duplicate updates on one account, or create duplicate or substantially similar accounts;
- if you post multiple updates to a trending or popular topic with an intent to subvert or manipulate the topic to drive traffic or attention to unrelated accounts, products, services, or initiatives;
- if you send large numbers of unsolicited replies or mentions;
- if you are randomly or aggressively engaging with likes or users (e.g., following, adding to lists or Moments, etc.) to drive traffic or attention to unrelated accounts, products, services, or initiatives;
- if you repeatedly post other people’s account information as your own (e.g., bio, stats, contact details, profile URL, etc.);
- if you post misleading, deceptive, or malicious links (e.g., affiliate links, links to malware/clickjacking pages, etc.);
- if you create fake accounts, account interactions, or impressions;
- if you sell, purchase, or attempt to artificially inflate account interactions (such as replies, likes, etc.); and
- if you use or promote third-party services or apps that claim to get you more replies or likes (such as follower trains, sites promising “more followers fast”, or any other site that offers to automatically add more engagement to your account or posts).
Interacting with Escort Forum as a company, brand or website
The goal of Escort Forum is to provide a safe space in which sex workers can exist and communicate with each other, potential clients, punters and advocates of sex work. In lines with our other policies (current and proposed), we have the following to say on interacting with Escort Forum as a Company, Website, or other Third-party:
We understand that you may wish to share and promote content, however, we ask that interactions with Escort Forum be natural and organic. If you operate a profile as a Company, Website or other third-party, we ask that you primarily use Escort Forum for engaging with your users and providing help and support. You can also promote your users’ content to your followers.
You should not be operating an account where you exclusively post links to content off Escort Forum, we ask that you only promote content of the members of Escort Forum. The posts from your company should be organic and natural, and participate with the conversation on Escort Forum: that is, you shouldn’t just be posting link after link to your website.
The goal is to have the interaction coming from an individual user, more so than from a company or non-individual entity. This keeps Escort Forum feeling like a community, rather than a shouting match.
Code of Conduct for Listings
Please make sure when posting an advert/listing, it contains a brief intro/statement, your location and contact details. We advise that you avoid posting your email address as this may invite spammers.
You can also insert relevant niche hashtags into your post, such as #BBW #busty #GFE #sensual #massage. (Please try to limit your listing to 8 hashtags and try to keep them specific to you and your market.)
- You may include photos in your advertisements, but please remember explicit nudity is not allowed.
- You may not place an ad for anyone other than yourself. (If you work with a duo partner, you will both need to give consent in order to post duo ads. Both providers should be tagged in any duo advertisements.)
- You may not use any racist or discriminatory language in your listings. (If there are clients you are not willing to see, you may decide this during screening.)
- You may not use any explicit language or acronyms to refer to specific sexual services. (ie: BBBJ, FS, DATY, CIM) Please emphasize that you are offering your time and companionship; if clients have specific questions about things you do/do not offer, please answer these questions during the screening process.
- You may not advertise anything related to bareback/BBFS services.
- You may not advertise using language that could be misconstrued as an ad for underage/child services. (This means avoiding terms like “tween”/”high school”/”lolita” etc.)